"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Thursday, July 2, 2009

School's Out For Summer!!!!

I don't know how I did it but I got my room put away and out the door before 4! It has been a very long year. I had a few high points. About half of my class speaks Spanish and they really worked hard. All of my bilingual students were reading by the end of the year. The Spanish only students weren't because they were still trying to figure out how crazy English works. I don't speak much Spanish myself. Sure I know my colors, I can count to 59 (well maybe on a good day), the days of the week, months of the year, the four basic shapes, and commands (sit, quiet, and stand) but when a child come to me crying and try to tell me who hurt them, I have no idea what they are saying. Ya know I have the same problem with my English only students. I guess it's a crying child thing. Anyway I need help when I'm trying to get important information from a non English speaking child. Usually I have a child in the class that can help.

No comments: