"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Saturday, November 21, 2009

UPdate on the house that Jack is Building

It has been awhile since I've been to my son's house. This is the front of the house. The roof is on and he is now installing windows. He has done a wonderful job. This is the child that I one day hoped he would be the next Frank Lloyd Wright. He can see how something should be put together before it is built. He can see the answer to a math problem without figuring it out on paper. (Drove his math teachers crazy!) He didn't get this ability from me. If he did it must be a very recessive gene.













Ooops! Who are these interlopers? They are the peacocks that live next door to the Pincocks. The next door neighbors have peacocks. They are beautiful. In late summer and early fall the male drops his tail feathers. I have several of the hanging up in my classroom to help the children remember how to pronounce my name. The white one is the female.

No comments: