"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Friday, June 24, 2011

Google Translate!

Yesterday I needed to talk to a non English speaking parent. There was nobody in the school who could help me. I was frustrated and so was the parent. I know I should have paid more attention in Spanish class when I was in high school. I've been kicking myself over that one for years now.

I have used the site Google Translate for a while now at home but thought that my district might have it blocked on the school's computers. On the off chance that they hadn't I tried the site. IT WORKED!!! The parent was happy, I was happy, and we were able to discuss the child together without having a go between. Later I showed the site to one of my student's parent who speaks both English and Spanish. She said that the site was about 97% accurate. For an English only speaker I'll take 97% and be very happy. THANK YOU GOOGLE TRANSLATE! You saved the day!

http://translate.google.com/#en|es|

No comments: