"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Great Great Grandma Decker's Home





This is my Great Great Grandma Decker's Home. She and my great great grandfather started this home. Then diphtheria came to the town of Bluff. Of all the families in Bluff only the Decker family contracted the disease. Nobody would come and help with the family. The family was quarantined in the house and when somebody died my great great grandmother had to drag the bodies out to the road for someone to come and pick it up. My great great grandfather and two of their children died. After the surviving members of the family recovered they finished the home. Later it was sold and went into decline. Recently a family purchased the home and turned it into a Bed and Breakfast. To make reservations go to http://www.pioneerhouseinn.com/. I highly recommend staying there. A side note, all the ghosts that walk the house have nothing but love and good will for all that stay there.

1 comment: