"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Celtic Applique



In April I will be going to Missouri to teach a class on Celtic Applique to my mother's quilt guild. These are the patterns I think might be the easiest and work the best.

Now I need to make each of these quilt blocks to show the quild.
To make the bias tape a "QUILTER'S PRESS BAR" is needed.

PAINTED PILLOW
requirements:
1 fat quarter light fabric for background
6" x 6" square contrasting fabric for applique insets
14" x 14" sheet of tracing paper
1 fat quarter each of 2 subtle print fabric for applique
Fusible product





KELLS KNOT PILLOW
requirements:
1 fat quarter light fabric for background
14" x 14" sheet of tracing paper
1 fat quarter contrasting fabric for applique





TRACE LOVER'S KNOT
requirements:
1 fat quarter light fabric for background
14" x 14" sheet of tracing paper
1 fat quarter medium or dark print fabric for applique

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! Do you sell the patterns for your lover's knot block? I am making my husband an irish chain quilt and he wants a large celtic knot in the center. I'd love to use your knot if you sell the pattern. Thanks! cadelethompson(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

Do you sell your lover's knot pattern? If so, where would I get a copy? Thanks!!

All the places you love said...

These are not patterns I created. Here are some links to books that I use when I create a Celtic Applique.

http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Quilt-Designs-Philomena-Wiechec/dp/0963198203/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345298335&sr=8-1&keywords=Celtic+quilt+designs

http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Quilts-Ancient-Designs-Patchwork/dp/1564773108/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345298335&sr=8-2&keywords=Celtic+quilt+designs