"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Friday, May 29, 2009

Peace



I admit it; I’m partial to peace roses. My parents had a bush growing in their yard when I was growing up. I love the pale yellow with a little touch of pink sunset. This is about the only rose bush in my yard that I haven’t killed. I live at the bottom of Lake Bonneville. It seems like the soil is nothing but cement in my yard the clay is so heavy. Several years ago my children gave me six rose bushes, one for each child. Well I killed three of them, rose bushes I mean. This spring I bought four large pots filled them with good soil and planted a rose in each of them. Hopefully they won’t die from drought in the summer or freeze over the winter. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Wish me luck!

No comments: