"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Friday, April 16, 2010

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

WOW! What a day! Today I had my students make kites. I should have taken my camera to school today but I didn't think about that this morning as I ran out the door. I had the students take a paper plate with a football shaped hole cut out of the center. I also had a paper punch size hole on each side of the plate. I had the children color their plate with crayons, colored pencils, and markers. Last night after school I had cut 1 inch streamers from red, yellow, blue, and green crepe paper. I had the children glue these on the bottom middle of their plate. The final step was to tie a string onto both side of the kite. When everyone was finished we went out side and ran around on the front lawn of the school. Talk about happy children. They ran and squealed to their heart’s continent. Nobody was complaining. Nobody was fighting. And best of all it took all of the class time!

No comments: