"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Harvest Party!

What a day this has been. I teach in a year round school and today was our last day of school for three weeks! I'm not excited or anything. Because my track is never in school at Halloween I don't have to have a Halloween party. But we did have a harvest party. We played musical pumpkins. I printed off 26 small pumpkins with a letter of the alphabet written on each. I then taped the pumpkins to the backs of chairs. I then had the children walk about and when the music stopped the children had to find a chair and sit down. I made sure that there were more chairs than children.

Then we went outside, divided into two teams, and rolled pumpkins. It was really fun to hear the children cheer students from both teams at the same time. They didn't if the child they were cheering for was on their team or the other team.

My rules for playing any games in my class are simple.
1. Did you play the game?
2. Did you have fun?
3. Did you learn something?

If you can answer yes to these question you are a winner. Coming in 1st or last doesn't matter. This way everybody can be a winner depending on the attitude of the players.

No comments: