"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Jacob's Birthday Quilt
1. Cut 7" denim and flannel squares.
2. Sew the squares together with an X going from corner to corner.
3. Sew the squares together (flannel sides together) in long strips length wise.
4. Sew the strips together by staggering the seams.
5. Clip the raw seams. I suggest you do that regularly or you’ll have a real mess on your hands
6. Bind off with a flannel.
7. After the quilt is bound take it to the local Laundromat and wash it. This will fray the edges. Don’t put you washing machine through that kind of an ordeal. Then run it though the dryer.
*I probably won't be making a quilt of this size again. My hands still hurt and you need scissors with very sharp tips.