"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Aaaaah!!!!!

This morning I woke up to this! I am so tired of snow. It's April and time for spring and sunshine.

































My Kinders and I are tired of inside recess, wet shoes, wet pants, wet gloves, and cold noses. I found this poem to explain how we feel.

Rainbow Blizzard

We were tired of winter days,
Being cold and wet and gray.
So we talked to winter's wizard.
He made it snow a rainbow blizzard.

This is the rainbow blizzard we made in hopes that spring would soon be here. We used red, yellow, blue, green, orange, and purple markers on coffee filters. Then I sprayed them with water and let them dry. The next day I folded the filters and let the children cut out their own snowflakes. One little guy thought he had destroyed his snowflake and had thrown it out. After much asking of what happened somebody rescued the snowflake from the garbage can. After carefully unfolding and gluing it on a piece of paper a beautiful and delicate snowflake appeared. It was one of the most intricate snowflakes I’ve ever seen anybody make. I’m so glad we were able to rescue it.






No comments: