"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Saturday, February 6, 2010

JA Quilt Update

For the last two weeks I've been out of school. About all I have done is work on this quilt top. I'm just about finished! All I need to do is put some borders around it.


I've been trying to think of what kind of borders I should use. I kind of like this one. I want something that has some of the pink colors in the pieced part of the quilt. The problem is that there are so many to choose from. I could go from pale pink to bright hot pink to bright red.


Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you shouldn't go too crazy with the pink color. I don't know if you want it to look like an authentic Austen style blanket that looks like it could be from back then. I say find a cute pale pink that accents but its too distracting.

All the places you love said...

Sarah, thanks for the comments. You forced me to go to the fabric store I should have gone to in the first place. They have an incredible variety for fabric. They even have the dark manly colors of flannel I was telling you about.