"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Friday, May 1, 2009

Back to the Salt Mine

For the past four weeks I have been on summer vacation. It was wonderful! Now the push is on until the end of the school year. The year doesn't end until July 2nd this year. Now that I've got several areas organized in my classroom I can concentrate on having fun with the children. Sometime in March and April the children find the education light switch and turn it on. They are able to work independently without teacher supervision. I can get out my picture box and have them write stories. We are in the process of addition to 10. I've spent the last week trying to organize ALL the stuff I have at school. What a mess! But the good side to this is that I’ve been able to find centers that the children will love. Because they are now mostly independent workers I can spend more time to work with small groups on areas where they might need special help.

No comments: