"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Radial Symmetry Patterns

I teach Kindergarten. I love this time of year. All my little chicks have begun to grow up. They now have independent work skills. The children had a wonderful time creating these patterns. I did a lot of modeling and then had the children practice a lot with plastic pattern blocks. Then when each student was able to construct a reasonable design with the blocks I let them recreate it using the paper pattern blocks. About the only help I gave the children was to help them to stay focused on what they needed to do next on their pattern.











No comments: