"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Making Soap With Gran'ma

I have been threatening to make soap with my granddaughters for a year now. I finally said lets do it. I buy the soap noodles from Soap Crafters and then melt them down and make my own soap. I really like this kind of soap. It lathers up and doesn’t make my skin itch. I use 12 oz. juice cans for molds. They really make a nice bar of soap when cut. The down side to making your own soap is waiting while the soap cures for three months. The longer the soap cures the harder it gets. The harder the soap the longer the bar lasts.





1 comment:

Susie said...

Thanks for the fun time. We can hardly wait to use that soap.