"I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful." Oscar Wilde

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lights Out--I Thought I Paid the Power Bill

What a night this has been sometime after 6 p.m. the power went out and didn't come back on again until after 10 p.m.. We were sitting in the dark listening to a little wind up radio. Every few minutes it needed to be rewound because it was dying. We listened to short stories on NPR, Devotional talks, the ending the RSL soccer champion game, and a lot of other stations in between. The power company had a recorded message saying that the power would come back on at 10 p.m. When 10 p.m. came and still no electricity we called again. Their comment was, Oh you don't have any power yet. It has been snowing here all night and NOW the power is back on I have my electric blanket turned onto high. It's going to be a while until I thaw out. It was cold in here.

No comments: